Skills and Attributes:
- Relationship-builder with a reputation for honesty and integrity with all.
- Outstanding, creative educator and program builder with almost thirty years experience of organizational leadership.
- Independent worker, yet outstanding team builder with a direct communication style to foster a supportive and encouraging learning and working environment filled with positive reinforcement.
- Intuitive problem solver, realistically overcoming challenges arising from intense human learning environments like summer camp, Israel travel and retreats.
- Experience directing in local and national organizations
- Innovator and founder of Jewish programs
Deborah Newbrun is the founder of Get Set Go Community Adventures. Her career as a preeminent Jewish leader (particularly in Jewish environmental education) spans 30 years including working 25 years as Camp Tawonga's Director, 4 years as Hazon's Director in the Bay Area and one year as Keshet’s Interim Bay Area Director.
Additionally, she has served on the faculty of multiple fellowships for Jewish professionals including: Lekhu Lakhem and Hiddur for Resident Camp Directors through the Foundation for Jewish Camp and Tikea for Teen Leaders through the San Francisco Bureau of Jewish Education.
Before entering the Jewish not for profit world, Deborah was a National Park Service Ranger at GGNRA.
Deborah co-authored Spirit In Nature/Teaching Judaism and Ecology on the Trail. She co-founded JOLT (Jewish Outdoor Leadership Training) for staff working in Jewish summer camps across North America which she directs at Camp Tawonga each Memorial Day Weekend.
Please get in touch with Deborah for your next: staff development, community retreats, outdoor adventure, learning seminars: